Our FIXIT! handymen can help you check to make sure that your important seasonal home maintenance details have been addressed. Preparing for winter or getting ready for spring means taking care of all the basics and inspecting your home for any new damage or concerns.
- Drain the pipes, remove the screens
- Replace the batteries in the fire alarms,
- Change the furnace and air filters
- Repair caulking and weather stripping
- And anything else that needs attention—Every home is different!
Spring maintenance involves making sure that your house is ready for extra water or even heavy rains. Check your basement to make sure that your foundation hasn’t developed any cracks. If they’re small, these can sometimes be repaired with small patching techniques. Don’t hesitate to call FIXIT! if you see moisture or mildew because healthy foundations are important.
If you live anywhere where it’s cold, you’ll want to check your insulation. Make sure your insulation is in good condition in the attic, in your crawl spaces, around your windows and doors, and around your pipes.
In preparation for the winter cold, you’ll want to make certain that all of your pipes are well-insulated, that your heating system is ready for extreme temperatures, and that you are prepared for snow and ice
- Hang “seasonal” lighting and decorations
- Check all pipes to prevent freezing
- Set floor registers and grills to maximize airflow
- Tighten handrails and grab bars
Reliable repair, improvement, and maintenance services. No job is too small.
We are licensed, bonded, and insured. Every FIXIT! handyman is punctual, reliable, and has undergone a complete background check for your peace of mind.